Old 18-09-2006, 10:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default web site update - our hay bale garden featured

g'day happybattles,

you're a very switched on person by the sounds of it, me i'm an old
foggy if i can put it that way just rying to get the hang of computers
and this technology online.

yes we would all like to earn some respecatble money but then there i
usually a price to pay for that, and i guess one would need moderators
and be able to generate topical gardening topics to keep people coming
back at least on a weekly basis? and a lot more bandwidth than what
our isp offers for a free homepage, and of course then the isp doens't
provide service for business pages which is what we would become if we
generated income.

for me i'm from the old school of "if we oldies don't pass down what
we know then the youngies won't have the opportunity to do likewise
and lots of information/experiences is going to be lost. that's how i
learnt as i grew up".

you can see we have generated app 50k in hits from the site over about
8 years, and yes if all those people where paid memebers or even paid
once we would have supplemented our income, but this old brain just
can't see that happening, and maybe if i went that way my opportunity
to help others may just fade away. and as i am also there to help
people of our own age groups who ahve never gardened then there is
going to be those who simply can't apy anything (just like us).

on the paypal thingy i have read where people especially over here
have had problems ie.,. getting their money whatever? out of paypal.

so the $9 to $25 i would assume USD rate? is quiet a lot of money for
us, currently we pay app' $17AUD a year for the domain name, not
through our isp but another source. so a monthly bill on top of our
isp charges of around $59AUD would be out of the question, and i
suppose you could answer by saying 'yes but if you generate enough
income that will be covered' and i can see that maybe? but then the
only income we get may only cover the costs of earning it.

the only pool of friends i realy have are who i chat to online.

my connection is a broadband connection so it is connected at all
times when teh computer is on. and i am currently running win xp hm,
but would realy like to move to linux.

On 18 Sep 2006 11:45:43 -0700, "Happybattles"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len