Old 17-02-2003, 04:39 AM
Noctaire

Default Bird sightings....

Temperatures are chilly in northern AR today - didn't get above 32 and a
skiff of snow with a bit of sleet adding to the chill. We had the usual
birds (chickadees, cardinals, goldfinches, Carolina wrens, titmice, etc.)
going through double the normal amount of seeds at the feeder. Yesterday

and
today a robin decided to add seed to its diet.

These birds out here are unreal -- I mean, I live on a MAJOR thoroughfare
here and I'm seeing bunches of 'em out there. With this weather being so
nasty, I'll bet they're having a really rough time finding food.

Seeing a robin eating seed on a platform feeder was a first for me. It's
usual food must have become scarce in the chill so it decided to change
diet. It was so puffed up in the chill that it appeared twice its normal
size.

Our Robins are puffed up big time -- they get bigger every time we see them.
Chuckle

James