Old 18-09-2006, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Plants for home security

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
They said I could nick some from the pub. Presumably I can just grab
a handful and shove it in some compost, like most med plants? I've
still got a potful on the boat, that'll do for tonight.

Indeedee. And it's the right time to do it. I didn't use hormone
rooting powder either when taking my cuttings for rooting - just made
a lil' hole and planted them. I did 250 plants which all sold for 3.99
this year. Sadly, not me money. Just cut of a nice soft green shoot
from top of stem - as green as you can find, about 2/3 inches, but try
to cut at a slant so that as much of the stem get into contact with
the compost when planted. It ensures more roots forming.

Boat ... you got a boat?!

I've got a boat, whereas you've got a house.

I wouldn't swap for the world though.