Old 18-09-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Apples

Uncle Marvo wrote:
The only caution is not to plant it near apple or pear orchards, since
it is associated with fireblight disease in these trees. The bacterium
Erwinia amylovora hosts include hawthorn (which I have), amelanchier
(which I have) chaenomeles (which I have), cotoneaster (with I have),
quince (which I have), photinia, pyracantha .... All of those that I
have are situated in my front garden and all surround my apple tree.
Amazing bad luck I know.

I've got a pyracantha which you can have ...

LOL!! No really LOL!!! You ....