Old 18-09-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Planning - Pond In Field ?

) who wrote this in
, I, Marvo, say :

Hi

Another planing question....

Does anyone have any idea if I would be permitted to dig a small
wildlife pond, ~ 0 x 5 metres, in a field classified as agricultural
land ? The remainder of the field is to be planted as an orchard
(already approved by the LPA as part of a larger application).

Disappointingly, I don't have the answer, but I like the idea of making it a
firefighting water reserve.

A friend of mine dug a pond of similar (10x5) size in his garden with a
mini-digger, he never applied for permission. And he was a solicitor.