Old 18-09-2006, 03:56 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Planning - Pond In Field ?

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

) who wrote this in
, I, Marvo, say :

Hi

Another planing question....

Does anyone have any idea if I would be permitted to dig a small
wildlife pond, ~ 0 x 5 metres, in a field classified as agricultural
land ? The remainder of the field is to be planted as an orchard
(already approved by the LPA as part of a larger application).

Disappointingly, I don't have the answer, but I like the idea of
making it a firefighting water reserve.

A friend of mine dug a pond of similar (10x5) size in his garden
with a mini-digger, he never applied for permission. And he was a
solicitor.

My daughter and son-in-law have also dug a huge pond in their garden.
'Mainly' ornamental, but it does have an island for the
birds/Moorhens/Ducks etc to nest. No, planning permission was not
sought.

My friend did likewise. He never invited any wildlife, although there is a
rumour that the aquatic bird stocks in nearby Audley End House rapidy
diminished, coincidentally a large 4x4 made its way from there to his house.

He had a fish in there the size of a small shark too, and claimed that it
must have been due to eggs being trapped in hailstones. Or something.