Old 19-09-2006, 05:37 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] wdukes@fw.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default Wood Chipper Repair - Where?

On 2006-04-14, Derek Mark Edding wrote:
Hi Folks,

We received a used Troybuilt wood chipper as a gift six or so years ago.
When I tried to start it, it wouldn't.

[snippage]

Burke Brothers Hardware near the fairgrounds has an independent repair
person on site. Cary Mower and Saw fixed my chipper for $60 to clean
the carb. Stevens Hardware in Fuquay also. I have had all do work and
felt like I was treated fairly.

I would be curious to know where you took yours.

I have to admit, we moved somewhat glacially on this repair. I just got
the machine back last week. I took it to Precision Outdoor Power
Equipment, the independent guy near the fairgrounds. It totalled $120,
including deposit. They did a carburator rebuild, replaced the float,
and some general maintenance on the neglected beast.

The place I took it five years ago was Cary Mower & Saw. They wanted
close to $300 for very similar work. I had more spare time back then,
and replaced the carb, air cleaner, plug and muffler myself for about $85.

With the way my work schedule is these days, I'll be lucky if I get to
try it out next month. I have a huge pile of old sticks to tear up

-dreq

I am partial the liquid stuff. Every professional seems to use some
form of it. I spray perimiter inside and out, attic, kitchen and
baths.It keeps roaches and ants at bay. I used to spray twice a year,
but now I spray when I see some beasties so it averages more like 1.5
times a year.

is a garbage address.