Old 19-09-2006, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Lawn from seed.

, I, Marvo, say :

As well as getting my new allotment into shape, managed to get rid of
some dead trees and shrubs, strim, and start double digging my first
bed I need to prepare a lawn for seeding.
Is it too late to seed - guess I'll be ready to seed in about 4 weeks
time.

According to The Thunderer, with this 'ere global warming you'd be better
off planting a clover lawn.

I spoke to someone at the weekend whose father did this in Turkey. He then
reverted to grass as the clover lawn was "wet and mushy". Anyone got any
ideas on this? I think the clover lawn is attractive, myself.