Old 19-09-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams[_2_] michael adams[_2_] is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
. ie...

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked
like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think I'm
right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger
boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset and
pearls.

Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.

http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg

Very nice.

Here is me

http://www.bibi.org/box/2005/junho/James_Joyce.jpg

Des

You looked better in this one -

http://i9.tinypic.com/4c2xh1k.jpg

In 1929 the scuptor Constantin Brancusi was commisioned to produce
illustrations for the first edition of Ulysses, including the
above - "Spirit of Joyce".*

When a sketch of it was was shown to John Joyce his father in Dublin
the response was - "The boy seems to have changed a good deal".

michael adams

I don't normally dress quite like that, I'm usually scruffy. You may

guess
why I am wearing whatever it is in that pic.