Old 20-09-2006, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Donna in Idaho[_1_] Donna in Idaho[_1_] is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hops and Beer

I guess rotten potatoes and rotten fermented hop vines are probably pretty
much equal in the stink category!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"2fatbbq" wrote in message

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
Great hop pictures! I worked as office manager for a hop farm here in
Idaho for about 15 years so I'm well aware of what hops are. :-) Even
learned to like the pungent smell of hops when they were harvested.
NEVER learned to like the smell of hop trash (what's left after the cones
are shaken off the vines). In the winter, you did NOT want to follow a
truck that was hauling the hop trash out to spread on the fields.
--

worse than rotten spuds???
Buzz--hauled the 'taters

Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

wrote in message
oups.com...

Most folks know that hops is used in beer but brewers aside, few people
know what it really is or why.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com