Old 20-09-2006, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Donna in Idaho Donna in Idaho is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hops and Beer

Where in Idaho are the hops grown? I live in Eastern Washington, might be
an interesting trip.

Bill

Two areas in Idaho - northern Idaho - almost to the Canadian border and the
area around Caldwell, Parma, & Wilder, Idaho (southwest Idaho where I live).
Not nearly as many hops being grown around here any more. The farm I worked
for got completely out of the hop business a year after I retired and others
have cut back on their acreage. Hops are terribly expensive to grow with
lots of hand labor required and not as much money in them as there used to
be.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com