Old 19-09-2006, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

"Uncle Marvo" wrote
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers looked
like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

People get judged by appearance far too much in this life already. I
rather like mentally picturing people by the handsome is as handsome
writes method.

Mind you when I first started reading the group I thought Morley sounded
like a nice old gent in corduroy gardening trousers and waistcoat! ;-)
And there was a feisty lady called Pat - she turned out to be a bloke
with a pigtail iirc!

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think
I'm right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing
rigger boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a
twinset and pearls.

Online written 'appearance' can be judged likewise, and is probably more
reliable on the whole. If you see someone swearing and insulting people
whenever they have a difference of opinion and generally throwing
tantrums like a bad mannered brat, you draw the appropriate conclusions.

--
Sue