Old 19-09-2006, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lofty lofty is offline

Default Cymbidium

K wrote:
I bought a fairly grotty Cymbidium for about £5 on the basis that the
current crop of flowers were well worth that, and anything else would be
a bonus.

This year I parked it in the shade of a N wall in the front garden.

It now has 4 flower spikes.

Obviously, I'd like to bring it indoors where I can see it. But I'm
wondering how to do this without upsetting it and perhaps causing the
flowers to abort. Atm we're not using any heating, so it's about the
same temperature indoors as where it is outside, but it will be drier
indoors and with lower light level.

I need also to bring it in before it looks too obviously in flower else
it'll 'walk'.

Any ideas?
--
Kay