Old 20-09-2006, 06:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Seeds? ? ?

In message t, Borked
Pseudo Mailed writes
I'm not sure about this plant, but some plants need a special insect to
polinate them. I think Agave tequila plant is one like that. Maybe you
try to polinate it with a small paintbrush.

Other possibilities are that it's self-incompatible (like many apples),
or that it's a male plant of a dioecious species, or that the climate
isn't suitable to ripen the seeds, or that it's a sterile clone. Like
you, I don't know whether any of these applies.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley