Old 20-09-2006, 07:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

"Sally Thompson" wrote
Judith Lea wrote
Absolutely ,Sally, you have hit the nail on the head - it's the quality
of their gardening advice and their reaction to others, not their
nationality or their age, status or class, I'm grateful for any
gardening advice, from whatever source, so long as it is accurate

And I have to say that goes for other NGs as well. I subscribe to a few
technical groups. I discovered by chance once that someone who gives
consistently good, mature advice was in fact under 20. It was the maturity
and the quality of the advice that shone through, not his age - because I
didn't know it, didn't care and what's more important (to me) _he_ didn't
show it by his responses.
Sally in Shropshire, UK

I have had a couple of experiences of 'meeting' people on the web and
getting an impression of them...... then meeting them in RL has occasionally
been a total revelation - a couple were nothing like I'd imagined (not
always positive!)

Jenny