Old 20-09-2006, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers
looked like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

Agreed
http://www.mirrorproject.com/search/...shull&x=10&y=6

I think we're in a minority!

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always think
I'm right.

Your right "~)

Ah, that's nice.

If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and wearing rigger
boots I will address them differently from someone wearing a twinset
and pearls. Here is a Marvo pic. It features neither tattoos nor pearls.
http://www.backtrack.org/images/marvo.jpg
I don't normally dress quite like that, I'm usually scruffy. You may
guess why I am wearing whatever it is in that pic.

Leaky deck?

Close

Is that a French beret lurking under there?

It's the Yorkshireman's flat 'at. I don't remember why I bought it, I'm from
Devon originally (God's own County).

Where is this boat of yours and do you garden on deck or is there
land round the mooring?

The boat's on the River Nene (pronounced Nen in Northamptonshire, which is
where it is). Northamptonshire, because of Northampton, is not generallly
thouoght of as a tourist trap but whre I am is possibly one of the most
beautiful places in the whole of England. I garden both on deck
(pelargoniums and herbs) and on the banks, although I've only been on this
mooring since last winter so NOTHING has really been done yet. That's one
reason I'm here, to find out what I need to do! I am thinking veg and
Ipomoea (cos that's what the boat's called and they are one of my favourite
flowers) and maybe some wild stuff to attract bees, cos where there are a
lot of bees there are less wasps :-)