Old 20-09-2006, 11:46 AM posted to uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening
Geoff[_5_] Geoff[_5_] is offline

Default Ailanthus altissima: "toxic tree of heaven"

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:34:55 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:10:40 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:13:19 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

As no one seems to be that bothered about changing their wasteful
lives, I doubt we can stop the changes.

Even if one of us does something, like recycling the many
wifebeater/red bull cans, we will make a difference, however small.

It's not enough.

We need governments to TELL us what to do, and then to force us to
comply.

While companies like Exxon are denying (R4 this morning) that CO2
levels are the cause of global warming, the difference we make will
be smaller than we'd like, though.

I vote for burning Pres. Bush for starters, but then I'm a bit
radical like that.

Without the likes of Bush, the world would be a sadder place.

Perhaps you'd like to stand in his shoes?

Er, you /are/ joking, right?

No. What would you do to fight terrorism?

I think what I'd do is to invade a country that was probably nothing to do
with the terrorism, murder a load of innocents, and then tell everybody what
a great job I'd done.

Bush and Blair wouldn't let you!

They'd re-elect me then. But I suspect my IQ is
something like double that of Mr Bush.

You have one!

We need governement to tell us what to do, then force us to comply, because
we are mindless idiots who are incapable of independent thought.

Spot on.

And the
governement has a marvellous track record of always doing the right thing
and looking after us. Or something.

Much better than we have left to our own devices.

Just out of curiosity.What would you do to save us and the planet?