Old 20-09-2006, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
It's the Yorkshireman's flat 'at. I don't remember why I bought it,
I'm from Devon originally (God's own County).

o) Reading a wonderful book by Jean Echenoz, and last night the
description of the 'flat hat' by this amazing chap was so hilarious
... well at least it was in French "I'll say perhaps like a pancake,
or perhaps the consistency of a floppy medium sized octopus ... ".
Anyway, I thought of you. There.

I thought the French description of the vachement flat 'at was that
of what we funny English call a 'cow pat'.

Anyhow, il y a ces deux vaches. La premiere dit a la deuxieme,
"qu'est-ce que c'est que vous pensez de la vache folle?" Et la
deuxieme reponds "il ne m'inquiet pas; je suis un canard.".

I think that's how you spell "canard".

;-)

It is indeed :-) Fine French for a Devonman, and thanks for the
giggle.

But rubbish French for someone who worked /en/paris/ for a wee while. I can
tell you the French words for any sort of beer glass now, and anything to do
with Windows, as opposed to windows.

As to your initial proposal, how do we know you didn't post a pic of
your very handsome cousin?

LOL. But why would I want to?

I could post a pic of my bro, he's a few years younger than me. But he has
no hair. I do, as can be seen from another pic [posts another pic]
http://www.backtrack.org/images/DSCF1080.JPG of me at the back of my house.
And yes, I do own another coat, honest :-)

Cat(h) (and can we do the same?)

Only if you /have/ a handsome cousin. Go on ...