Old 20-09-2006, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Apples

cliff_the_gardener wrote:
I do knot know of a book that groups apples by type. As for the apple
tasting yes get yourself off go to one!!
http://www.commonground.org.uk/appleday/a-events.html

hehehe ... Did you get the book, England in Particular? Got it in St
Ives. Can't put it down and fighting over it with my husband every
night ...

Can you perhaps recommend a cooking apple? One that doesn't need too
much refineries when cooking - something that stand grand and sweet,
firm and flavoursome just by itself? A friend wants one - if only I had
the space .... Thank you.