Old 20-09-2006, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Early primrose

ws.net, I, Marvo, say :

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around
apparently happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the
house, so I leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had
them in flower over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was
early...

That's what I was trying to say about the Crocuses in the other thread down
there ...

My two surviving Ipomoea have JUST budded. I reckon they have just a
fighting chance of flowering next week before we start to get the cold
[shivers in anticipation]