Old 20-09-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote
Is that a French beret lurking under there?

It's the Yorkshireman's flat 'at. I don't remember why I bought it,
I'm from Devon originally (God's own County).

eh by gum m'lad, grt thyself a prop'r un :~))

Where is this boat of yours and do you garden on deck or is there
land round the mooring?

The boat's on the River Nene (pronounced Nen in Northamptonshire,
which is where it is). Northamptonshire, because of Northampton, is
not generallly thouoght of as a tourist trap but whre I am is
possibly one of the most beautiful places in the whole of England.

Never heard of the Nene but google is my friend - looks nice :~)

I garden both on deck (pelargoniums and herbs) and on the banks,
although I've only been on this mooring since last winter so NOTHING
has really been done yet. That's one reason I'm here, to find out
what I need to do! I am thinking veg and Ipomoea (cos that's what
the boat's called and they are one of my favourite flowers) and
maybe some wild stuff to attract bees, cos where there are a lot of
bees there are less wasps :-)

So how much ground do you have available? Maybe you could get an
allotment as well !

Pretty much as much as I want and/or can cope with. It's all overgrown, so
if I commandeer it nobody will have a problem. That can't be right,
commandeer, it doesn't look right.

We have masses of houseboats here in Holland with HUGE gardens :~)
I have lived in many assorted types of dwelling, and even shortly on
a self built Ferro cement yacht:
http://www.ljconline.nl/indexjennFerro.htm
...........till it bankrupted us!

Fascinating thing though!