Old 20-09-2006, 04:03 PM posted to uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening
Philip H. Hart Philip H. Hart is offline

Default A discussion nothing to do with gardening any more. Sorry.

Uncle Marvo wrote:
, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
, I, Marvo, say :

I'll reply if you can convince me you're not a troll.

People who say things like bright eyes are usually trolls.

The person you are conversing with has been trolling these newsgroups
for years. His real name is Peter Brooks, if he is to be believed that
is.

The number of pseudonyms he uses are legendary - changing them
regularly, like socks.

He also sneaks into his mummy's bedroom to try on her underwear.

P.S. I am a troll too, so you don't need to reply if you don't want
to.

You're a polite troll though.

I hope he's that Peter Brooks who does the cartoons in The Thunderer, I like
them very much.

I fear our Pete does not have much time for anything else other than
trolling.

What is a troll, exactly? And how do you know all these things?

A troll on the newsgroups is someone who wastes the time of putatively
serious posters. I troll people on the environmental groups who post
anti-conservation messages, like the aforesaid Pete. His trolling
always comes with an anti-conservation message.

To find out about Usenet trolls I suggest you go through information
engines like Google or Wikipedia.