Old 20-09-2006, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Apples

cliff_the_gardener wrote:

Most true cookers cook to a puree or froth. As for a cooking apple that
cooks sweet and holds it shape on cooking. Would probalbly go for
something like Charles Ross. A desert that cooks orange and holds
shape - when young! You could always go American and use a ripe Golden
Delicious as a cooker. (Waiting for uproar)
Reading through my books I found Beety Geeson, Pladei, Sleeping Beauty,
which you would have to get from Brogdale on special order.

Thank you. I'll let you know what she goes for - I'm the first one in
line to get some of the first crop ;o)