Old 20-09-2006, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p. pleater p. pleater is offline

Default Early primrose

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around
apparently happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the
house, so I leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had
them in flower over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was
early...

--
Sue

Welcome to the club Sue.
Here in Notts I have wild violets growing in the gravel paths and in the
lawn and today I found a single large ripe strawberry which I scoffed
quite slowly.....yummy.
Also found about six or so strawberry flowers which I don't expect to
mature because the gods of slugs, mice and Tony Bliar all have it in for
me !!
pp.