Old 21-09-2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default Wal Mart orchid pitures

NOPE! I've reached the point where Rob's rule no longer is true.

Last spring I took Vandas, Schombos, Cymbos, and a couple large Dendrobiums
out to summer in the yard. I had lots of space in the greenhouse in May.
Now it's September and after visits to Al's, a few Florida trips, a visit to
growers in Houston, a visit to H&R, and mailorder from OakHill...ok 3 mail
orders I filled the void. In three weeks I have to bring everything but the
Cymbos back under glass.

I've been through the collection twice now to throw away anything that
looked sick or not worth trying to nurse back to health. I sold a few
duplicates at the society meeting. I gave a couple to friends who would
appreciate special clones. In two weeks I'm taking a bunch of stuff to the
orchid show for the member's sales table.

Right now there is no room for just one more

Going through orchid shopping withdrawal,
Gene