Old 21-09-2006, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Who are these urglers?

, I, Marvo, say :

Farm1 writes
"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
My theory is that if people had any idea what the other urglers
looked like it would help towards less misunderstanding.

I don't know why I think that, but I think I'm right. I always
think I'm right. If I see someone in a pub covered in tattoos and
wearing rigger boots I will address them differently from someone
wearing a twinset and pearls.

If you tried doing that where I live then you'd soon find out that
the one's wearing the tats and boots were from the rich and old
families and the ones wearing pearls were the snooty wannabes.

Kate Fox makes a similar point in her book 'Watching the English',
comparing the backgrounds of Shirley Williams and Margaret Thatcher

I have that book and can't get into it at all. Apart from the writing being
a bit small, it's stilted and doesn't "read" well, to me. The content is
sound, I just want it on audio!

And as far as "Because we all have to live to close together and in harmony,
and that
in the long term is more important than sticking out rigidly for the
rights of our case." goes :

Hear, hear!