Old 21-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Cass

Default Unruly Red Ribbons

In article , Mike
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, "Allegra" wrote:
"Mike" wrote

So they remain on probation for another year. You are now their defense
attorney. Deal with it. g

Mike
z8TX

Oh yeah? I am only the defense attorney for ogr. Modern and barbies
are not my specialty, but I will work pro bono for any rose in need.
What in heaven's name are official rose pegs? We used to bend
copper wire and made our own before the big ones came around.
After a couple of months in the ground you couldn't tell the wire
from the canes.

And move that shovel away from my clients.G

LOL

I agree with you. I've only been growing roses as a serious obsession for 5
years, so I'm no expert. I still have other plants and a lawn. I understand
that makes me a piker when it comes to rose obsession. But my experience so
far has me favoring the OGR's and Austins. I like the full-foliaged, robust
shrub-like appearance of these plants, as opposed to the tall, skinny and
bare appearance of most HT's. Besides, I grow for garden eye candy and my
own pleasure. No desire to exhibit. So I doan need no steenkin' HT's.

Official Authentic Use-Them-Or You-Must-Be-Some-Kind-Of-Loser Rose Pegs are
glorified oversized bobby-pin looking things with a long spike on one end.
In other words, I am a victim of marketing.

The shovel is in the garage. Pouting. It says you're a buzz-kill.

You can keep your effete Martha Stewart rose pegs. Real meat-eating
rose growers use 10 inch U-stakes from the drip-irrigation store. If
you want to be nice, you can slip a 2 inch of 1/4 inch drip tubing over
the curved part, or you can pound the peg and tie the rose. I'm dealing
with a beast with 18 foot canes, so I just pound over the ends of the
canes. You want to see pegged? Took 2 days, 25 puncture wounds.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...hevyPegged.jpg

--
-=-
Cass