Old 21-09-2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] bosbruin@aol.com is offline

Default Plant Care Help

I bought a nice-looking plant for my apartment about a week ago from
Home Depot. The guy in the garden department said it was a low-light
plant that didn't need much water. How much light is considered "low
light" isn't completely clear to me, but I have the plant in my
bedroom, where it gets less-than-average exposure to daylight. The
plant is about 5 feet tall, with some leaves probably stretching to 7
feet.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of plant it is, and now it looks like
it's dying. I repotted the plan when I brought it home. Since then,
the tips of a lot of the leaves are turning brown (dead), and some
leaves have flat-out dried up and falled off.

The soil looks fairly moist (dark colored). I've probably poured 2-3
cups of water into it since I bought it. Is that not enough? Too
much?

I really like this plant, but I don't know how to save it. Can anyone
offer some expertise?

I took a couple digital pictures in case anyone wants to try to ID the
plant (you'd be my hero). Thanks,

http://cs-people.bu.edu/jlupien/plant1.jpg
http://cs-people.bu.edu/jlupien/plant2.jpg

-Jeff