Old 22-09-2006, 02:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default Eco-friendly growing medium

On 9/21/06 2:50 PM, in article ,
"gardenlen" wrote:

g'day salmon egg,

surely mushroom compost from a mushroom farm would be more economical,
as it comes ready to use the way i use it, can't see coir stuff having
much in the line of nutrients in it?

funny in some industries hey they create a bi-product that normally
they have to pay to have disposed of then they try to find a market
for the stuff so save costs but then they charge and arm and a leg for
the stuff, talk about wanting their cake and eating it too??

we get 16 kilogram (i think) bags of it over here for $2.50AUD

That sounds like a good price.

I do not need plant nutrition. My use of coir is as a part root medium for
hydroponics. All the nutrition is applied with totally (well almost)
inorganic chemicals. I believe hydroponics is popular in .au land.

Bill
-- Fermez le Bush