Old 22-09-2006, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eric in North Texas Eric in North Texas is offline

Default fall leaves

Mowing with a mulching mower is a good partial solution for anyone that
has lots of trees nearby. You can do it in the beginning, and you can
do it at the end of the leaf fall period. But if you have a property
surrounded by trees, there is no alternative to removing them. If you
mulch that many, you will bury and kill the turf.

I beg to differ, I'm not only surrounded by trees, it is our main
theme, we have around 100 trees and that is probably a conservative
estimate. Around 50 % of those are pines, so no leaf problem there, but
there are 30+ fruit / nut trees 2 large oaks, some many decades old
most around 15 yrs old, so we generate a few leaves. I mow wide open
throttle with an open discharge chute & use high vac bagging blades, it
comes out as a coarse powder.