Old 21-09-2006, 06:43 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris[_1_] Mike Harris[_1_] is offline

Default Strange Bug

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Steve Wertz wrote:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 02:00:30 GMT, Scott Sexton wrote:

Been finding a few of these on the tile next to one of my indoor
plants.
Anyone have any idea what it is?

http://www.sexton.com/bug/bug.jpg

Actually, it is a shrimp (found by searching for "bug that looks
like shrimp")

Lawn Shrimp. A kind of pill bug:
http://whatsthatbug.com/Pill.html

-sw

Good find Steve!
I used to play with pill bugs as a child and I've never seen those
before. :-)

I pretty much leave pill bugs alone as they make good composters.

Wonder what lawn shrimp are good for?

Teeny tiny cocktails. G

It looks as though they don't do any harm; merely a cleaning nuisance when
they die indoors or in a swimming pool. I'll have to keep an eye out for
them - I always like to see a new critter (new to me at least).
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX