Old 22-09-2006, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Apples

, I, Marvo, say :

cliff_the_gardener wrote:

Most true cookers cook to a puree or froth. As for a cooking apple
that cooks sweet and holds it shape on cooking. Would probalbly go
for something like Charles Ross. A desert that cooks orange and
holds shape - when young! You could always go American and use a
ripe Golden Delicious as a cooker. (Waiting for uproar)

No - why? The french just cook with eating apples. They don't
differentiate.

Lots of people do. We had an apple tree in the garden when we were kids and
we had apple-everything for pud far too often, consequently I can't stand
cooked apples any more, except occasionally a big baked Bramley with raisins
and golden syrup.

Yum.