Old 22-09-2006, 05:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Gower[_1_] Dave Gower[_1_] is offline

Default fertilizing mystery

I have a Scotts rotary fertilizer spreader model 1000, which I bought
several years ago but haven't used much. This fall I decided to give my lawn
a fall fertilization for the first time, so I bought a bag of Scotts' Turf
Builder Pro 31-3-8. It said it covered 9600 square feet, and since my lawn
is less than 8000 square feet I bought one 28 lb bag.

On the bag it said to set my spreader to 3 1/2, which I did. The problem was
that it only covered 1/3 the lawn before it was all gone. I hope that
doesn't mean I burnt the lawn, and I also can't think of what I could have
done wrong. I was careful to spread it according to directions (about 4-5
feet between each spread, which is certainly the width of the throw).

I guess I won't buy more now, since I won't be able to remember where I left
off. So next Spring the outside part of my lawn will be either burnt or
really happy?