Old 22-09-2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RCW RCW is offline

Default Spreader problems

"neilson" wrote in message

Hi folks, can anyone suggest a good method of preventing the contents of
a lawn spreader from going onto the border area, e.g. when applying
grass seed, fertilizer or lawn weed/moss killer.
Is it a case of positioning your self a required distance (based on the
spray diameter I would assume) from the lawn edge, is this consistent?
Or are there better, more surer methods than this?
I have found I am getting a fair amount of new grass growth in my
border areas , due to recent re-seeding. Also this could be quite a
problem when using lawn weed killer.

Get someone to walk along the side of the lawn with a board following you as
you walk.
The board will reduce the overspray.

Works on Golf Courses so why not your lawn