Old 22-09-2006, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] adder1969@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default levelling garden

wrote:
I have a part of the garden I have built up to another level using the
soil from excavation for a house extension. During the summer it was
too dry and hard to level, now its getting wetter i am considering how
to get a finer level on it, its "mini digger" level at the mo, just
need to get it level for grassing it. What would be the best method, I
was thinking heavy duty rotovator and rake level.
Am I on the right track ? soil is very clay and tends to clump together

You'd have been better off doing it when it was dry then. Wet clay
really isn't a lot of fun. Not when you want a lawn anyway. I doubt
it'd make a good surface for a lawn as it is.