Old 23-09-2006, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Garlic bulbs

ajr wrote:
Good morning,

Glorious morning to you too )

I've used Seeds of Italie a couple of years and I'm really happy.

http://www.seedsofitaly.com/catalogue/15

There's a fab garlic, elephant garlic, called Casablanca and Germidour,
both gives huge gloves which are fabulous to roast with (I used some
for my roast pork joint, poking holes in the joint and inserting a
glove - it's amazing the flavour it gives it).

I like Rossa di Sulmona - with a lovely pink colour and the flavour is
not as strong and more subtle than the french garlic. Sometimes I pick
some gloves from garden centres too. This year it's been a bit of a sad
crop for lots of people including me.

They don't like damp condition and I'm worried about your site. Perhaps
you could make a raised bed for them? To maximise your success - plant
some end of october/nov and then again in March.