Old 24-09-2006, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default Need an ID on these plants.

In article ,
Abraham Evangelista wrote:
Kinda looks like someone took Aponogeton leaves and glued them to a
stem. :-)

Yeah a bit. Looks a bit like Bolbitis, too.

Ya know Ludwigia grows around here

Where's "here" for you?

Near kingston Ontario, about5 30 miles north of the US border
in Ontario.

I pulled a foot long stem of what I think is also Ludwigia Repens from
Ridley Creek the other day. the leaf structure closely resembles what
I think is Ludwigia in my tank, but it lacks the deep red coloration
that my grown stuff does. Seeing as how I pulled it from a reasonably
well lit area, I'm surprised at its green coloration. This bit should
have been getting plenty of sunlight.

New growth at the bottom of my store bought ludwigia is also light
green, but isn't as pointed as that from the specimin I brought back
home. I've planted these a little too closely, so the bottom bits
aren't getting quite as much light as the tops.

STRONG light and low nitrates should make them red.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net