Old 24-09-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.asian.american,rec.food.cooking
James James is offline

Default Does anyone have experience dehydrating Chinese vegetables?

J.Venning wrote:
"James" wrote in message ps.com...
I've read people hanging up pak choi to dry. I like to preserve bitter
melon, Chinese okra (cee gwa), winter melon. My winter melons rot
easily. Bitter melon ripens very fast and cee gwa gets tough very
quickly. Since I usually get a big bunch bearing at the same time,
much of it goes to waste.

Ever tried a Google search on the subject? "Dehydrating vegetables" has about 2,510 topics.
J.

OTOH google turned up nothing on "Dehydrating chinese vegetables". I'm
actually more interested in what dishes the dehydrated stuff is used.
Obviously the dried veges won't be used in stir fry. I think dired pak
choi soup taste better than green pak choi soup. Don't think I've had
other dried veges.