Old 21-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Mike

Default Unruly Red Ribbons

Comments: This message probably did not originate at the above address.
Date: 21 Mar 2003 20:45:10 -0000

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Cass wrote:

You can keep your effete Martha Stewart rose pegs. Real meat-eating
rose growers use 10 inch U-stakes from the drip-irrigation store.

Hee hee hee - very nice. You mean you don't want 'em?

You want to see pegged? Took 2 days, 25 puncture wounds.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...hevyPegged.jpg

Cool! But I've only two canes to peg total. I think I can beat that 2
day/25 puncture record easy.

Is that the dreaded yet ubiquitous red tip photinia I spy next to your
lovely rose? Here in TX, those are junk shrubs that breed disease and
defoliate on a regular basis. It's frightening to see it sitting so close
to a rose! Do they not have those problems on the west coast?

Mike
z8TX