Old 25-09-2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pyrite Pyrite is offline

Default How do I kill wild ginger ?

Phisherman wrote:

You can always pull it out or spray with Roundup. Roundup won't harm
the trees unless you get it on the leaves. I'm wondering how you got
it to grow. I see it growing wild in the woods, usually at lower
elevations. It grows in small bunches here and there. It likes shady
moist acidic soil conditions and that's exactly what I have on the
sloped side of my house. Do you think it will grow there? I'm in
zone 7, e.TN.

Pulling it up is going to be a mission, and the horrible stuff is just
everywhere, seems to love this area.
I've seen references about roundup .. is it OK to spray around ? Does
it break down in soil ?

I've no idea where "zone 7, e.TN." actually is ... America ?!?!

If you have Google Earth, and look at Latittude : 36°57'1.49"S
Longtitude: 174°37'53.45"E you'll see where I am and see if it
matches your garden.

Regards

Mark