Old 25-09-2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M. Travis M. is offline

Default Can i cut the new grass

"Jangchub" wrote in message

On 24 Sep 2006 14:31:48 -0700, wrote:

Hi,i re-seeded part of my lawn,the grass has come up really
great,my question,can i mow the top few inches off? it's
about 5
to 6 inches tall where i re-seeded.

Thanks for any help.

By the way im in Wash State if that helps.

Immediately, and bag it because with the damp dew in the
morning it
can rot on the lawn. Never wait so long that it will remove
more
than two inches of the blade during any mowing.

WRONG. Never remove more than a third. Mulching is the best.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5