Old 24-09-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.asian.american,rec.food.cooking
She Devil She Devil is offline

Default Does anyone have experience dehydrating Chinese vegetables?

I've read people hanging up pak choi to dry. I like to preserve bitter
melon, Chinese okra (cee gwa), winter melon. My winter melons rot
easily. Bitter melon ripens very fast and cee gwa gets tough very
much of it goes to waste.

I haven't yet dehydrated Chinese vegetables per se, but I *have*,
often, dehydrated mushrooms (some Chinese, some not).

Generally speaking, after much research, and trying 2 other models of
dehydrator, I cannot highly enough recommend the Excalibur dehydrator.
It is more expensive than many others, but it is *fantastic*, and you
get both a high degree of control (great thermostat, wonderful fan
placement) and a lot of drying space (9 racks).

Here's one of my "mushrooms in the dehydrator" recipes:

http://www.adventuresinrawfood.com/s...the-dehydrator

Anne
---
Personal: http://www.MangeMerde.com