Old 21-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Unique Too

Default Rose rescue

Julie, by "the color the non-rose growing world calls," do you mean that
the rose growing world will call it some other colour?

Yes, don't most people consider mauve to be a dusty pink color? My carpet is
called mauve, my bathroom is decorated with fabric and ribbon sold as mauve.
Rose growers call the color of Angel Face mauve, the roses with Blue in the
name are mauves, while non-rosers would call them lavender or light purple.
The "official" color of Dainty Bess is pink and I think most of the rose
growing world would call it pink. If a petal was placed on a color chart I
believe it would most closely match the color mauve.