Old 25-09-2006, 07:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_4_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_4_] is offline

Default What is my soil missing? (ZONE 6)

In article .com,
"BG" wrote:

OK, I am very pleased with the size of my garden plants ( except the
beans / peas which are mini plants ! ) The greenery is HUGE! There are
many tomatoes, but other veggies are producing but lacking huge yields
- again the plants look WONDERFUL! I add rabbit manure from my rabbits
which includes some hay, coffee grounds and water when dry, not every
day.

I add leaves every fall and till the soil before planting, it looks
great.

I have not had the soil tested for PH, our local soil tends to be
alkaline, which is what I started with, I did add 2 years ago a bunch
of pine needles from under out trees to the soil to help with that..

What to do for next year - is it worth the $80 bucks to have the soil
tested?
This year, I am not sure I got 80 bucks out of the garden!
Thanks -
BG , Zone 6

Adding some phosphorous (bone meal is cheap) to the soil should increase
your blooms and yield if I remember correctly??????
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson