Old 26-09-2006, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default What is my soil missing? (ZONE 6)

I used to live in Arkansas, zone 7. The local TV station had a master
gardner come on once a week and answer questions from the viewers. He said
to put down a super phosphate to make flowers bloom and fruit trees to put
onf fruit.

The super phosphate was in the bag that read 0 - 56 - 0, or at least had a
high middle number. I bought it wt the co-op for around $8.00 for a large
bag (40 to 50 lbs??). The first number is the one that make everything nice
and green and makes big leaves.

Do you have a local county extension office? They should do a soil test for
$10.00 or less, some do it free.

Good luck.

Dwayne