Old 26-09-2006, 03:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default Name Game ... Brs. longissima x Brs. ochraleuca

Ok...I could really start to hate this hobby...

The plant labeled by Hoosier Orchids as Calanthe (veratrifolia x kintaroi)
is really Calanthe (triplicata x sylvatica) which is (according to several
websites) Calanthe Dominii which is the oldest orchid hybrid.

The plant I've known for many years as Brassia (longissima x ochraleuca) was
mispelled and should be Brassia (longissima x chloroleuca) but longissima is
a synonym for arcuigera which really makes this Brassia Karolyn.

Suddenly I feel like growing the darn things is easier than tracking the
names.

Good Growing,
Gene (at least I think that is my name)