Old 25-09-2006, 07:23 AM posted to rec.ponds
Davy Davy is offline

Default Are Limestone Pebbles Likely to Cause ph Problems?

Thanks guys for the informative answers. Seems I can, and should, use the
limestone chippings and worn pebbles.

My only problem now is that the crushed chippings contain some very small
sharp flakes which may harm the lining. I don't seem to be able to sieve
these out since I cannot get the chippings dry enough - even a small amount
of moisture makes the very small flakes stick to the larger pieces. Washing
is not reliable for much the same reason.

many thanks, Davy

"Davy" wrote in message
I intend to put stones or pebbles in my wildlife pond which won't have any
fish apart from maybe the odd stickleback. My preferred pebbles are
limestone but I have seen a warning against using limestone pebbles

because
they can change the ph. Should I take this warning seriously?
thanks, Davy