Old 24-09-2006, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Will next year's sunflowers grow from this year's roots?

In message .com,
writes
I've just said goodbye to some sunflowers which have been "got at" by a
squirrel. I've chopped them down but have left the roots. Will
they grow back again next year? Or will I have to start again from
scratch?

Ken

You're probably referring to Helianthus annuus. This, as indicated by
the name, is an annual.

Do you know which type of sunflower you've got?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley