Old 25-09-2006, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Camellia growing tips ??

Gardening_Convert wrote:
I have a camillia which I bought at the start of the year which was
just a single stem several inches tall.

It was potted up in erricatious soil and had now just grown into a much
taller and floppy single stem.

Should I prune this to make it bush out and if so when and how should I
prune ?

With apologies for the piggy-backing, might I add a couple of
questions? I have bought a camelia only a few weeks ago, and potted it
in ericaceous compost. It is now living in front of my very sheltered
gable end, but to my surprise, the buds it was covered in when I bought
it appear to be flower buds. At least I assume so from their being
well inflated, and letting through a little fushia colour.
Isn't it rather unseasonal? Is this going to mean trouble? Is there
anything I can or should do ?

Thanking you!
Cat(h)