Old 25-09-2006, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper pied piper is offline

Default yellow lawn

give it a feed an autumn fertiliser and maybe a small dose of iron should
make a difference

"Rob Barrett" wrote in message
I seeded some new perennial rye grass lawn areas (previously overgrown
flowerbeds) about a year ago and they've done quite well. But they turn
quite yellow in cool, wet weather like we're having now (I'm in Durham).
The old lawn areas seem to love this environment and go lush green, while
the new lawn slows its growth and yellows. I noticed this pattern during
some similar spells earlier in the year.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

BTW, it may be a red herring, but it's green and growing better around the
edges where it's up against paving. My soil is generally mildly alkaline.